Field Service Mechanic APPLY NOW
Emerald Equipment Systems is looking to add another Field Service Technician to our team, for immediate full-time employment.
Emerald Equipment Systems is a full-service equipment sales and service company serving the needs of the aggregate and materials processing industries throughout the northeast.
The Field Service Technician position supports our clients needs by providing expert service and maintenance of heavy equipment on-site at our clients locations throughout the northeast. This position will be responsible for servicing territory in and around the Philadelphia area and throughout Central and Eastern PA and the surrounding vicinities. This position requires extensive travel and relies heavily on the ability to work independently without supervision. A strong sense of urgency, and ability to positively interact with customers and their personnel is critical. Field Service Technicians are expected to provide expert mechanical service work, troubleshooting, customer service, attention to detail, and commitment to ensuring our customers are satisfied and their equipment is fully functional in the established timeframe for repair. Because our Field Service Technicians are a client-facing role for our company, it is critical that we recruit and retain individuals who are committed to providing exceptional customer service. The ideal candidate is someone who understands the importance of developing relationships with clients so that they will return to Emerald Equipment Systems in the future for any service, parts, or new equipment acquisitions in the future.
This position will be a road-based job, with regular travel required to jobsites for service calls and may require some overnight stays. Emerald Equipment Systems will provide Field Service Technician with a company service truck, equipped with industry-specific tools. This position reports directly to the Field Service Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical issues and performs repairs on equipment.
- Work as a team with Field Service Coordinators to provide superior customer service and timely repairs.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Follow all safety practices and procedures. Prior to arriving on-site, familiarize self with customers safety standards.
- Maintain a clean company vehicle.
- Read and understands electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers’ service recommendations.
- Effective verbal and written correspondence.
- Maintain proper tools necessary to perform job.
- Maintain a clean and profession appearance.
- Promote sale of spare parts.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Proficiency in servicing a repairing heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of basic hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of machine tuning – fly wheel timing, motor RPMs, conveyor speed RPMs, screens and screen sizes, hydraulic pressures, gear ratios etc.
- Specific working knowledge of the operation of all hydraulic systems, especially those in the Emerald Equipment Systems sales offering and rental fleet.
- Knowledge of preventative service check procedures.
- Knowledge of the fault finding procedure/check list for hydraulic systems and engine systems.
- Proficiency in field welding. Certified Welders preferred.
- Basic electrical troubleshooting and repair preferred. Familiarity with 12V and 24V DC power, 480 3-phase power preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Mechanical service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Welding: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Commercial Drivers License, or ability to obtain if needed (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (Required)
Work Location: On the road