Service Tech - NY APPLY NOW
Emerald Equipment Systems is looking to add another Service Technician to our team, for immediate full-time employment at our Liverpool, NY location.
The Service Technician position supports our clients’ needs by providing expert service and maintenance of heavy equipment on-site at our Liverpool, NY location. Service Technicians are expected to provide expert mechanical service work, troubleshooting, customer service, attention to detail, and commitment to ensuring our customers are satisfied and their equipment is fully functional in the established timeframe for repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical issues and perform repairs on equipment.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Follow all safety practices and procedures.
- Read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers’ service recommendations.
- Effective verbal and written correspondence.
- Maintain proper tools necessary to perform job.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Proficiency in servicing and repairing heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of basic hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of machine/engine tuning – fly wheel timing, motor calibration, conveyor speed RPMs, hydraulic pressures, gear ratios etc.
- Specific working knowledge of the operation of all hydraulic systems, especially those in the Emerald Equipment Systems sales offering and rental fleet.
- Knowledge of basic engine preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge of the fault-finding procedure/check list for hydraulic, electrical, and engine systems.
- Proficiency in field welding.
- Basic electrical troubleshooting and repair preferred. Familiarity with 12V and 24V DC power, 480 3-phase power preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21-$25.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Overtime available
- Mechanical service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Welding: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Commercial Drivers License, or ability to obtain if needed (Preferred)
Work Location: Liverpool, NY
Emerald Equipment Systems, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Emerald Equipment System's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.