Shop Mechanic - Heavy Equipment APPLY NOW
Emerald Equipment Systems is looking to add another Shop Mechanic to our team, for immediate full-time employment at our Harleysville, PA location.
Emerald Equipment Systems is a full-service equipment sales and service company serving the needs of the aggregate and materials processing industries throughout the northeast.
The Shop Mechanic position supports our Sales and Service teams by providing in-house service and repairs to both our rental fleet and our customer's machines. Ideal candidates for this role should be able to demonstrate good experience in servicing/repairing heavy machinery, hydraulic systems, and performing basic preventative to diesel and electric engines. Applicants need not have industry-specific experience within the materials handling/aggregate industry - Emerald will train the right candidates on the unique aspects of specialized machinery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Service and repair of heavy machinery, including diesel engines, hydraulic systems, basic electrical components
- Basic engine, hydraulic, and electrical component diagnostic ability
- Create and follow machine maintenance checklists
- Ability to read and understand service manuals and technical diagrams, including electrical schematics, flow charts and hydraulic schematic
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and stay on task throughout the day
- Ability to work cohesively with others in the shop and collaboratively on machine repairs.
- Provide feedback and technical support to Service and Sales teams
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- 3+ Years experience servicing and maintaining heavy equipment
- Strong understanding of diesel and hydraulic systems
- Proficiency in welding
- Basic electrical troubleshooting and repair preferred. Familiarity with 12V and 24V DC power, 480 3-phase power preferred.
- Good oral communication skills
- Forklift certification, or ability to obtain upon hiring
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Harleysville, PA 19438: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location|||Harleysville, PA|||||||||9jOfVJX6aOet6AtS|||OTHER|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||22||||||true