CLICK HERE to download brochure
CLICK HERE to view video
The overall function of the thickener is to increase the density of a slurry stream. This is achieved by feeding the slurry stream into the thickener and by allowing the solids to settle. The supernatant overflows for further processing or disposal.
In the case of a clarifier, the main function is to provide a clear overflow. The settled solids are raked to the center cone of the thickener/clarifier and are removed as thickened slurry suitable for further processing or disposal as the case maybe. Due to the low solids, the discharge of a clarifier is generally intermittent.
THE THICKENER TANK SPECIFICATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS
- The tank is constructed from steel plate not less than 6mm thick
- The tank has a scalloped bottom and sloped tank floor supported on steel legs, an underflow cone and overflow launder
- Shorter erection time
- No tunnels with escape routes required
- Flexibility to change components, say launder sizing, when process conditions change
- The bridge will be supported on a separate structure
- Minimal excavation
** Various sizes available depending on application requirements **